How do i know my so is for real?

i have ben dating this guy for a few months now...and he is sooo amazing treats me like a queen...adores my kids..and jsut seems to be and all around good guy. i had a bad marriage and have been out of it for almost a year now. i am wondering could this guy be too good to be true. he keeps telling me he wants to fix my heart. and that he is working really hard at it. am i jsut being paranoid because of my bad marriage? or is this guy really too good to be true? he doesnt drink smoke or do drugs. works 2 jobs. and spends almost all of his spare time with me. but at the same time he isnt smothering me. i wanna let go soo bad and let myself just fall for him. but i am scared. What are some warning signs he is too good to be true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• I know exactly how you feel but so far it seems like you caught a good one. Lucky you! Just give it time before you make things really serious. If he is the perfect guy he seems to be then he won't mind waiting for you to come around. Only time can bring out the true self in people.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• ask ex girlfriends or friends of his. If you know his family ask about ex gfs and other things. If you dont know them then meeting them could also tell you alot about how he was raised. If you talk about your future and he cringes, or if he does things behind your back then its not right. Do you guys know each other well? respect each other? how quickly do you contact each other if a personal crisis or happy event occurs? do you celebrate holidays together? Look into those aspects of your relationship.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 8:24 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• he is always very respectfull and he has 2 bros that are the same way. my mom says "he was raised that way" and "his mother must be one hell of a woman" our mutual friends say the same that he is a really good guy.he is always there for me when i am having problems offering emotional support. and other help that i usually decline(i am very independent and stuborn) maybe i am jsut being paranoid?
    Anonymous

• He sounds like a keeper! Just make sure you know him VERY VERY well before you leave your kids with him. Meet all his family/friends, that tells a lot. I'd say go for it, be careful but go for it!!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I'd also meet his co-workers, maybe show up one day depending on his job, as a surpise!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• guys like that are 1 in a million, I don't believe that either. But you never know, he could be that 1 out of a million. But a word of advice do not let your guard down. Because if he really wants to be with you, he'll find his way around the gate on your heart. the last guy who said that crap to me, did fix it, for a minute, before he cheated on me, committed 21 felonies, and ran my phone bill up to over 1,000 bucks while he sat in jail, got out, and tried the same shit a week later, I busted him out writing to an old girlfriend about sexual conduct.. now lives with me again, because I can't get away from the fact I'd have to raise two little boys on my own. he's my youngests father, and I can't let go, and let me tell you, you absolutely do not want to be in this situations. I need to say goodbye, but I can't.
    Kimikee101

Answer by Kimikee101 at 10:24 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• be careful. i dated a guy when i left my husband for a while, he ended up being a possessive clingy asshole when i moved in. Get to know him thoroughly before leaving your kids with him..
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 3:58 AM on Nov. 28, 2008