Please Help Me

My daughter has been coughing all day. it's very dry. Earlier she started to turn beat red. She wont eat that much and she's not very fussy. she's wanted to sleep all day. HELP IS THIS WHOOPING COUGH???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It can be. My grandson had croupe and it had similar symptoms. I would go to a doctor. With kids its so hard to tell and its better to be safe.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 9:03 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• do yuou think i shoudl go tonight or tomrrow?
    Anonymous

• Well, if it was my child I would wait to take them to the doc's. To ease the syptoms in the mean time I would give her a teaspoon of honey (assuming that she is over a year of age) otherwise do not give it to her. Honey is a natural germ killer, and it also soothes inflamed tissue.
    nostress83

Answer by nostress83 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• You might want to call your Doctor's Phone Number for the On-Call Nurse... Talk to her and see what to do. She might want you to monitor her temperature, maybe to give her some Motrin or Tylenol. Is she running a fever? Is she acting ok? Make sure she gets her liquids! Call the DR. Good Luck, hun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Nov. 28, 2008