I am gonna stuff this turkey up his A$$! Please tell me how to not blow up...

Ok, so, the SO is gone to his family ALL damn day and I am pissed, but the kids and I stay home and made a beautiful dinner. It's all hot and ready to eat when he comes home. We are all sitting at the table and he is eating as well as the rest of us and he starts screaming at the top of his lungs. Then he begins to spit out the stuffing! I am absolutely horrified! The kids are crying - they helped make it. Then he says what the hell is in that?! I told him its stuffing. He says no, the meat. I said the giblets. That's how my family has cooked it for as long as I can remember. Not to mention that they were very vi sable. He continues to scream and yell about it. I am so angry with him I couldn't even finish eating. I feel so bad for my kids. They worked so hard to have this be a great meal.

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Holidays

• Wow, I wouldn't expect that kind of behavior out of my 3 year old...I mean really, a grown man yelling at the table and spitting out food?! Come on now! Can you picture ever doing something like that? You're an adult. If you don't like something, you just don't take another bite...you sure as hell don't spit and yell! Maybe you should stand his butt in the corner like you would a child that did that.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I would give everyone some time to calm down and then try to explain calmly to him how rude and insensitive his reaction was, and how much it hurt you and the kids.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 8:51 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• The thing that has me livid about this is that he is constantly making food that the kids don't like and making them eat it. I told him that he better never EVER do that to them again. If he refuses to eat something they made that he doesn't like then he has NO RIGHT to force them to eat something they don't like. I do not fight with my children over food. This has ALWAYS been very important to me and yet time and again he refuses to abide by my wishes in this regard. They know that if they don't like something that's been made, all they have to do is try it. Then they are free to make a pb&j - but NO! Not him!! No, he's gotta make a huge scene and then refuse like a little brat.

Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• omg i would be ticked 2 that is so rude
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Clearly an immature 'man'. reevaluate if this is the kind of person you want your children exposed to.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:59 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Is he normally like this becuase if so that is emotional and verbal abuse.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 5:00 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I have looked at some of your other Q's and it looks to me like you need to take a long hard look at this relationship and find out if it is what you really want, if things can change and would it be worth the effort... From what you have posted it looks like some family counseling is in order... May be I have it wrong though it is really for you to decide.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:55 AM on Nov. 28, 2008