Black FRiday sales...

Are the black friday sales safe enough to bring my daughter? (8 months) Last year i heard there were ALOT of fights at our walmart in new york.

BKCM2008

Asked by BKCM2008 at 8:57 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Shopping

• Some stores like Kmart and Kohls when we went to them were ok but I never took my kids because of the hustle and bustle, there are too many people and etc. It was very hard to focus on keeping your basket and the things in it, I would not have been able to keep an eye on the kids too without putting them in the basket lol. On a serious note I think it depends on your location and how people react to Black Friday. Ive been some places and it was just like walking in on any other day and Ive been some places and it was the worst experience ever.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 9:00 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I always go with my mother in law but this is the first year with my son(he is 10 months)...the best advice i have is to just not be there when they first open.....avoid the rush that way..all the sales will still be there...just wont be as crazy!
    finallyamommy76

Answer by finallyamommy76 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• My advice would be to bring a little umbrella stroller with you, and make sure he is in the stroller while you shop, so you have your hands free and you don't have to worry about fighting for a cart.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I am taking my boys, 11 months and 2 years. They will be in a stroller a the whole time and we don't go out until 9am so we don't hit the morning rush.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:00 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Here's a secret . . . the sales that take place today still take place on Sunday, when the stores are much less crowded. Unless you're shopping for something that has a high demand and that you think will be sold out if you don't get there at 4 am, you'd be better off waiting until later this weekend.

I honestly don't understand why anybody would want to be out in the craziness of Black Friday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Nov. 28, 2008