When do you start to try to get yourself to go into labor?

I meanI know not now I am only 21 weeks today, but with both my other pregnancies I was induced. With my first they didn't ask if I wanted to be induced the doctor just told me he was going to induce me because I was small and if I waited longer than my due date then I would end up with a 10 pound baby. She was 8.1 that was on my due date (40 weeks). My second he asked me if I wanted to be induced that was 5 days before my due date. I had forceps with my first and sitches so I went ahead and got induced, but this time around I don't want to be induced because I don't want and epidural (problems with my last one and still have problems), but I am not very good with pain so I thought if I can not get induced this time around and just go into labor at home and stay home as long as possible it will be better than sitting in a hospital bed. My second was 8.7 and the doctor already said this one is already bigger than the girls were ugh. Also another girl. I am due Augest 9th. I want to make myself go into labor. What do I do and how to I go about doing it and at how many weeks do I start to try doing it? How long can you stay at home in labor? Also I don't want a dola or anything like that I want my OB to deliver my baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can't make yourself go into labor. If your body is ready for labor, it happens. As far as how long you labor at home...that's up to you and what you are comfortable with. Some people prefer to go to the hospital early, some show up pushing. And to clear up any misconceptions you have about doulas...they don't deliver your baby. They are there for you for emotional and physical support. They do not do anything "medical". You can have a doula and an OB.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:52 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• A midwife delivers the baby at home. Not the same as a Doula. There are things that they say help stimulate contractions, but if you cannot handle pain then I wouldn't try them at all since they can make contractions hurt a lot more , just like being induced does. Nipple stimulation, sex, walking around. There are plenty of resources online. Google it.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 11:52 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• ok I didn't know that about a dula I thought they deliver the baby at home
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:58 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• A doula is NOT the same as a midwife. Also MOST midwives in America deliver in hospitals...NOT at home. SO SAD how little peolple know about normal birth.

Anyways you can put Evening prime rose oil on your cervix starting late in the 36th week. It will not put you into labor right away. It is a cervical ripener. You can use 5 capsules on your cervix each night until you deliver.

You can also walk, have sex with orgasm allowing the semen to sit on the cervix for a while afterwards, do deep squats, and dancing to use gravity to bring baby down and you closer to labor.

You can also try eating Scalinis Eggplant parm. Its GUARENTEED to work. http://www.scalinis.com/Bambino.htm

Also check out the Belly Lift Technique.

Anonymous

• I never tried to make myself go into labor but have heard that sex, walking, and nipple stimulation all help
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 5:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2011