• In the Spotlight:

homie touches

i am getting my own place next month and i want this place 2 feel like home what can i do to give it that touch?

butterscotch297

Asked by butterscotch297 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I think candles give a home a warm feeling. And keep the lighting soft. Also, pillows, rugs, afghans, etc give a home a comfortable feeling.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:13 PM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I honestly think it's the little things - pictures on the walls, knick knacks on the shelves, a throw rug by the door. I've been developing that homey feel for years, and I think I'm finally getting it where I want it. My home is a collection of family heirlooms (nothing valuable, but sentimental) and thrift store finds. Unless you have a lot of cash, it's hard to get things exactly how you want them in a short amount on time. So just pick out a few decorations (lamps, rugs, pictures of the kids, whatever speaks to you) for now, and consider it a work in progress. And some cheap curtains and throw rugs can go a long way. Oh, and flowers. I always try to keep fresh flowers in my home.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:22 PM on Nov. 27, 2008