I'm 29 and i will be 30 in October. i told my s/o that i wanted to be pregnant before i turn 30 this will be baby no 4. has anyone else felt like this? or am i rushing it kinda like how some women say they want to be married w/two children by 30-35

aprilrb81

Asked by aprilrb81 at 8:49 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• If you have a time table then I dont see how its a problem. I have 5 & I wanted to be done by the time I was 35. We had our last baby when I was 33, almost 34. It worked out great for us. You have plenty of time to have a baby so if you dont have a reason for the time table then dont rush yourself, but if you have a personal goal then go for it.

Answer by gemgem at 8:52 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I think having a specific age set is a little silly. I mean, does it really matter if you get pregnant in September or December? I definitely wouldn't rush things just to have a baby by a certain age! It's not like your risks of any defects magically jumps at the age of 30, or even 35. Yes, the older you get the higher the risks statistically but they don't just jump up when you reach a certain age, it's a gradual rise.

Answer by missanc at 9:07 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I am the exact same way. I don't want to be much more than 30 when we have our last. I am 27 and pregnant with our third right now, so I pretty much want to give myself a year off from pregnancy and try again. Then, that will be it for us.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:11 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Your still so young I had my 1st at 33. Thats up to you & your choice. Don't feel rushed.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I'll be 21 in October and would like to be done having kids by 30ish and would like somewhere around five kids and then on top of that we are finding it takes us a year or two to get pregnant. I understand feeling like it's a time crunch. But be a little flexible with your goals, I promise you'll be happier and stress less if you don't put hard time lines.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 8:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i'm going through the same i'm 27 going to be 28 with my second i told my husband i don't want any more after 30 too... and he just told me the other day that he may want a third... crazy man... but i'm sticking to my guns... not after 30.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 8:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2011