my child wont eat table food.

my son is 14 months old and we cannot seem to get him off the baby food. he eachs crakers and thinks like that but no table good.

i have try seaking them in with his normal snacks but he feeds it to the dogs. all he does is pick it up an toss it or smak it out of your hand. i have even try just putting it in front of him and nothing else and that didnt work.

i feel like i am lost here. am i doing everything right? i just want to stop buying baby food because i just got laid off from my job and employment is taking forever.

Smashgal

Asked by Smashgal at 9:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son took FOREVER to take to table food. He is 19 months old and is just now starting to give up baby food. The best thing we've done is to model it for him. We eat table food in front of him and make a really big deal out of how yummy and good it is. Then when he gets interested, we share a bite of our food with him. Your little guy will get there. It just takes some babies longer.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:12 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Don't worry, he will get there eventually. :) :) The best thing you can do is just keep offering the same foods to him. If he refuses it, don't make a big deal of it...try to eat those foods in front of your son to reassure him that they are "yummy". Don't give in and give him baby food right away when he balks at adult food.

It took months of exasperation before my daughter finally started eating some adult foods. At 22 months she still only eats a very select few (mac cheese, chicken nuggets, bread, grapes, cheese and apples) but we've come a looooong way. I just kept giving her the same things all the time, and tried my best not to react with anger when she refused them. Magically, she started eating a few of them over time. :) I'm sure the same will be true with your child, just don't give up!
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 9:18 PM on Nov. 27, 2008