How do you prepare your kids and dh when you go to have the baby?

I am going to try to repare this time when I go to have this baby. My first was almost 3 years when our second was born. She was babysat while dh and I had the baby and then the babysitter brought her to the hospital to meet the new baby and then dh took her home with him. I told him to give her a bath and stuff while I was at the hospital. Well he didn't he said that she was screaming and threw a fit and wouldn't get in the tub. For one she loved and still does love baths and I can't imagin that she did that he gave her baths once in a while too so it isn't like she wasn't use to him doing it. He brought her to the hospital without her hair being brushed. I went in on a frieday and came home on a sunday and the whole time I was in the hospital 3 days she wore the same clothes that my sister put her in when she woke up that morning. Well this baby is due in the summer so I know the kids will be dirty from playing outside. They will be 6 and 3.5 when the baby is born. How do I make sure that my dh gives them baths and dresses them while I am in the hospital, brushes their teeth and hair. Also how do I prepare dinners so I know they are getting fed healthy? And how soon do I prepare? I know that is bad to have to do this, but I don't think guys think lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can cook some meals and put them in the freezer so he can just heat them up.

As for the baths, just call him and remind him that they have to take a bath and be clean (as in, if they throw a fit, too bad. lol).
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 9:02 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• We watched all the shows about parents bring home a new baby, blues clues actually has a pretty good few that help kids get the idea. They talk about Mr Salt and Mrs Pepper getting ready to have a new baby and you can see the pepper getting a bit more round and they start moving things for the new baby.. in another episode they actually announce Mrs Pepper going to the hospital and the big sister goes after the baby is born to visit her new brother.

My 4 year-old (at the time) LOVED the blues clues.

As for making sure the kids are taken care of.. get your Mom or a friend involved, ask for DH to stay with you.. surely another woman can help make sure the kids are taken care of.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:05 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• you don't know my family lol. all I have is my sister,But she has to work she can't afford to take time off she is a single mom to an almost 3 year old. My mom says that is dh's job to watch the kids she doesn't believe he needs ot be there with me I have no other family members and as far as friends I don't have any.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:08 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• make sure he understands that being their daddy means having to do things that might make them mad...and if he brings them to the hospital and they are dirty make him take them into the bathroom there and give them a shower...you may want to pack extra clothes for them in your hospital bag in case this happens and i agree you can make dinners a little bit a head of time and freeze them....make a lasagna or a casserole and even though it may not be ideal but the 3 of them can eat on those for your hospital stay and all he has to do is heat them up
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 9:14 AM on Mar. 29, 2011