What do you take to the hospital with you and when do you pack for the hospital?

what did you bring with you to the hospital when you had your little one and when did you have all your stuff packed by the door? Also do you have to eat hospital food or can your dh bring you in dinner after the baby is born?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I made sure to have everything packed with DS at 35 weeks pregnant. Both of my girls were stubborn and were late, and since I didn't have contractions, I waited til 38 weeks to pack.

I packed a lot (and I used it all. some people don't)--pillow, blanket, pjs and going home clothes (for me and the baby), a few outfits for the baby, beanies, socks, scratch mittens, baby blanket, snacks, water/gatorade, my camera and batteries, my phone and charger, my laptop and charger, toothbrush, hairbrush, body wash, loofah, razor, etc. I put all of the baby's stuff in a diaper bag, and my stuff in my bag. Check with your hospital if they will provide diapers, wipes, and formula if you are bottle feeding.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I packed by bag at 36 weeks and kept it in the trunk so I wouldnt forget it. Yes they can bring you food from outside the hospital if they want to. I also packed snacks and drinks to bring (juice, tea, soda, chips, etc) and kept them in the area assigned for food (had our own fridge etc). As for everything else:

Robe
    Nightgowns
    Nursing Bra
    Nursing Pads
    Underwear (I took granny panties they were more comfortable)
    Slippers
    Body Bath
    Shampoo
    Hair ties
    Camera
    Tooth brush & tooth paste
    Deodorant

For baby:
    Two bring home outfits (in case one for spit up on it)
    Blankets
    Carseat
    Onesies
    Footie sleepers
    Swaddle blanket

Answer by gemgem at 9:07 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• A basic diaper bag really...Diapers, bottles, weenzies, a blanket, some clothes, baby wipes, and then have some comfortable pj's and slippers for you as well as any personal items that you might want at the hospital like; cd player, snacks, hygiene items, etc....Once I hit 9 1/2 months I had my bag packed and ready...it's better to be prepared...If you wait til the last minute...you won't end up getting all the things that you want..just what you thought of at the moment...
    CitaCuca

Answer by CitaCuca at 9:22 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• im due for baby number 1 in two days but i still havent packed!!! my hospital has a list on their website of things they reccommend you bring when you have a baby...and actually you can choose to eat their food or anyone can bring you outside food they arent too strict on it its up to you but they will probably bring you the hospital tray anyway
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I packed a bag for the baby with clothes diapers and blankets things like that. Basically a diaper bag. I packed just an outfit to wear home, just something comfy for the ride, a few changes of underwear, nursing bras, toiletries, my music, and my aroma therapy scent infuser and extra pillows because hospital pillows suck. I don't know about other hospitals, but we were aloud to bring food in if we didn't want to eat what the hospital offered. fortunately our hospital had a special menu just for the maternity floor so we got some really yummy things no one else got.

melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 9:08 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i'll be 34 weeks tomorrow and i'm starting my bag and baby's bag this week. i want to be prepared : ]
    xLeeAnnex

Answer by xLeeAnnex at 11:51 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• anything u think u will need most likly they will have diapers and wipes so bring the babysome clothes and stuff for u to wear and dont forget the cammera and chrger and ur phone!!!!
    christymoore90

Answer by christymoore90 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• our hospital allowed food from outside places. I am taking: our fan that we sleep with (for noise), chapstick, make up, personal care items such as toothbrush, deodorant, etc., camera, extra batteries, laptop, cell phone, cell & laptop chargers, baby's going home outfit, my going home outfit, blanket for baby, clothes for spouse, money for vending machines, slippers, robe, comfy pjs, hair straightener, boppy pillow (c-section so I want it for breastfeeding), nursing bra, nursing cover up, gum, and I think that's it. lol
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 5:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2011