My 4 year old is a hand full

I have 3 boys and another on the way. But my youngest is 4 right now, But he is not like my other boys, he is a a hand full. he throws such bad fits when he doesnt get his way. he even will smack himself in the face. he use to bang his head but i have gotten him out of that. but cant get him out of his fits he throws. anyone have had any problems with this if so what did you'll do?

motherof33333

Asked by motherof33333 at 9:03 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• My youngest is almost 4 and he is a handfull as well. Doesn't want to listen to me while we're out, refuses to stay out of my things, won't stay in his room when he's in trouble, doesn't play well with his older brother and sister. We haven't had much success in the punishments we've tried, but what has worked the best so far is telling him that he is making mommy very sad by acting up and that I love him no matter what. He feels bad for upsetting me and usually stays calm for a little bit. There has been times where he just needed something constructive to do, like cleaning up.. When I relinquish control of the chores, and let him sweep (even though when he goes to bed I'll have to do it again) or do the dishes (we only have plastic so no risk there), he'll be happy with helping (although if its cleaning his room he'll throw a bigger fit). Hopefully, for your sake and mine, this is just a phase and maybe it will pass!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 1:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2011