My boyfriend of two years is 14 years my junior. He is 35 and i have never met a man who has such a low sex drive. I know this is possible he says he does not have a low drive yet i cant help but think he is not interested in me anymore. Are there guys out this like this? I am lucky if i get it once a week!

jolze

Asked by jolze at 9:21 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• once a week?? honey you should be grateful for that! haha. i don't know what your situation is but after work cleaning and taking care of a child once a week is plenty =)
    Anonymous

• OMG ,I agree w/ last post. once we went 1 yr. w/o sex and I FINALLY said give it up bucko lol
    jblueeyes228

Answer by jblueeyes228 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• OMG!!!!!!! My BF and i just had a blow up about this like 30 mins ago. he is 35 and i'm 24. He doesn't have a very high sex drive either. He could go a week, maybe 2 without having sex. And I can't seem to get him to understand that I feel like it's me, something is wrong, that's why he doesn't want sex. He told me to go find some "18yo so I could f**k all the time" I was so hurt, he doesn't understand. I think sometimes i don't understand either and it probably isn't me, but it's hard to prevent that feeling from creeping in there. So i feel ya!
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 9:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• ladies my hubby is 7 yrs older than me.. due to fertility issues we had dry spots also. I made some orders to Adam and Eve to spark things again..the movies helped alot
    aimige

Answer by aimige at 9:53 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• My SO definitely has a lower sex drive than me. I want it all the time and he wants to sleep. Half the time when we do get down to business I don't even know if its because he really wants to or because I want to and he's doing it to make me happy. Once we're into it, everything is great. For the last year he has only been home a week or so every few months because he is working out of state, so we do have a lot more sex than we normally do (We are probably having sex 4 times a week at least) but when he was home all the time it was once or twice a week.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:36 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• guys with high sex drives are few and far between and sometimes I think only in the movies! Since he's just a bf why not find a f buddy? It might help bf find his sex drive if he thinks someone else is getting his stuff! My guy lets me have a lover if I want. Sometimes I just tell him I have one to get him motivated! It's a turn on for him so I let him think what he wants as long as it gets his sex drive in gear!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:05 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• OMG I am soooooo glad someone else is having this same problem my SO is only 28 and I am 25, and almost always want sex he however can go FOREVER without it he doesn't even jack off, and I dont get it hell I thought guys were all horn dogs I guess not. But I do know what you mean about how you feel like its you I dont think they realize how it makes us feel or that we even take it that way, try talking to him and tell him how you really feel
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 11:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Geez, my DH is almost 50 and is ready at the drop of a hat (or panties, lol). At 35 it was definately daily.
    Anonymous

• I'm 47 he is 54 and there hasn't been a week he was home I didn't get some at least twice. Him having an orgasm less than twice would be unusual. At 35 he was like Pavlovs dog...say the word sex and he was hard yanno? I wonder is it sex drive..or is it interest, bored or finding it somewhere else. A PP said she went a year..not in tis fricken lifetime.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one going through this. I'm 29 and Hubby is 39. We went an entire year where we only had sex once a mont (literally, on the full moon...)

It's getting better now, I've taken to buying cute lingerie and keeping it a secret from him. Then I go shower and get all sexy and whatnot and tell him to close his eyes. I strike a cute pose in front of him and tell him to open up! That works every time. Now we're going about once every one or two weeks...
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 3:33 AM on Nov. 28, 2008