Why do you think people are so hateful nowadays?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• greed, gluttony, lust, vanity and an improper raising.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:16 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I think it has to do with where you live as well. I used to live in the city, and people were mean, cold, stupid, and insincere. Now I live in a small southern town and people here are the opposite. In fact if someone was mean that would be more of a shock to me.

Answer by gemgem at 9:18 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Vaccinations!!!! I am kidding.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:21 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Have to have it now mentality.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:28 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Stress. IMHO more people than ever are feeling the financial pressures and stressees of this time. Loss of so many jobs, higher prices on everything, trying to provide, there just doesn't seem to be an end for many of them/us and we get tired. And when we get tired we get crouchy and cranky and speak often before we think. There's also all the other stuff you all said!!! Lots of reason.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:28 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• @ tiddliwinks.....ha ha ha..I agree...lol......
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:28 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Stress definitely is a leading contender here....also life events play a huge role as well....people are being mistreated and abused beyond belief and some as young as babies....you grow up with that type of mentality and forget it...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• In our culture people think it is cute and smart to 'tell people off.'. We think people with a real attitude are smarter than everyone else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Because their parents didn't whoop their behinds when they were rude as kids.

haha... kidding! I have no idea but it's frusterating when you're a person who always try and be respectful of others and you don't always get it in return.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 9:34 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i don't find people hateful. i find people stressed, worried, and overextended. if you (in general) are one who finds this the majority of the time, i'd blame it on 1) your own sensitivity, 2) your environment, 3) you bring it out in others. if you (in general) go looking for hatefulness, you will surely find it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:39 AM on Mar. 29, 2011