Help! My 4 yr old lies like its her job!

Not sure what to do little miss lies about anything and everything from what happened at pre school that day to what shes doing right as your looking at her. When we ask her whats up and why she feels the need to lie she states she likes to do it. Shes far from attention deprived, been told the boy who cried wolf story, and how lies hurt people etc. Just running out of ideas and looking for some new ones i never had this problem to this extent with my older kids. Thanks.

Genice6

Asked by Genice6 at 9:21 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I had the same problem with my youngest...she could be doing something in face and when asked about it..she would just bold-face lie...I don't know what posses her to do it..like you I have explained that lying is wrong and all of that..no help.....We go to church a lot and I told her that while at times I might not be able to tell if she is lying...God always knows because he sees everything...I let that way on her conscience for a while and now she stops and thinks and then tells the truth...It might work for you...
    CitaCuca

Answer by CitaCuca at 9:25 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• corner time.. lies aren't okay and it needs to be stopped before she says the wrong thing and gets someone into serious trouble.. she cries abuse and someone's life may end.. not actually end but you get the point
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:24 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Time to start restricting play time, tv time, and outdoor time.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:25 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I like the suggestion made by CitaCuca -- When my DD has told a lie in the past, I just look at her like I am DEVASTATED (so sad and bummed out because she lied) -- Then we talked about how lies hurt people and how Jesus does not like that. That stopped her -- at least for the time being. G'luck!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:03 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• is she lying in the sense that she's saying someone hurt her or to get them into trouble?
    sometimes it's just their imagination.

Let's hope it's a phase
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• that is not good... you have to start having talks with her now on how bad that is.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 2:53 AM on Mar. 30, 2011