Should I ask the doctor to check my for dilation at my appt??

I have a history of preterm birth and i am 33 weeks. my appt is today and last time he checked me bc of some cramping i was having. well i am having more - i know i'm not in labor but i also know i can still be dilating. Do i leave it up to him or ask him so i feel better? lol

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 9:23 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You can ask him. My doctor hasn't checked my cervix yet and I'm at 35 weeks. He'll probably do it next appointment, but I'm not too worried about it. She'll come when she's ready.
    barnwell84

Answer by barnwell84 at 9:41 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• after 30 weeks they should be checking every appointment if you have preterm labor history
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:25 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I would ask if that is in your history. Don't ever be hesitant to ask your OB questions because that will not only give you the answers you are seeking, but may also ease your mind a little bit.
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 10:15 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Voice your concern to your doctor about it. They are trained to know what to do.
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 10:02 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• You can ask. Typically it is best to hold on on vaginal checks because of the infection risk of inserting a gloved finger in the vaginal cannal but if you are concerned you can ask.
    Anonymous

• ask and see what they say
    christymoore90

Answer by christymoore90 at 1:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Well, i already went and he didn't check me. it just worried me not knowing what's going on with all my cramps and pains
    Ethans_Ma

Comment by Ethans_Ma (original poster) at 2:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2011