Thinking about going back to school for Graphic Web Design! Looking for a good online college, any suggestions?

ColorYourWorld

Asked by ColorYourWorld at 9:48 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• univ of phoniex...or kaplan univ
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 9:50 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I have researched a lot of schools and of course everyone of them out there has bad reviews, just scary to put so much money into an education. I am looking at Art schools, but they are very expensive.
    ColorYourWorld

Comment by ColorYourWorld (original poster) at 9:51 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My niece studies that in school. She said that it's a very competitive field as you have both those with an interest in art as well as the creative computer types working in that area. She works in a totally different field.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field to help you determine whether or not this is the right career choice for you. Check to see if there are open jobs in this field, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2011