Breaking News...Syrian Cabinet Resigns

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/03/29/mass-protests-support-syrias-hard-line-regime-despite-resignation-reports/?test=latestnews

..or another google source if you prefer..

What are the implecations?  What next?

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 9:52 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• President Assad has not yet agreed to step down, but will address the country within the next 24 hours.

Personally, I think he is probably out the door in the not too distant future.

My fear a power void...who ends up on top. Revolutions don't always turn out well.
    yourspecialkid

Comment by yourspecialkid (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• oh boy.
    Syria is responsible for housing how many terrorists?
    Libya was responsible for the most suicide bombers from 2003 through 2007 and they will soon by governed by Al Queda. I assume the MB will governm Egypt.
    Syria is the hotbed, can't wait to see who gets to govern that region.
    Hillary Clinton doesn't want us to police the world, but she does want us to be Border Agents in that region for fragile areas like Tunisia.

Maybe McCain was right, we'll be over there for 100 years.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:02 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Oh, I expect we will be over there from now on. We won't have a choice. We have allies to help protect and we have to keep as much of the problem in their backyard as we can.

Honestly, I see WW3 on the horizon...and it isn't going to be pretty.

yourspecialkid

Comment by yourspecialkid (original poster) at 10:39 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Well...we used to have allies to protect. Obviously the apology tour has done no good.
    Definitely quiet on the Liberal front this week, and it's only Tuesday.
    I wonder what happened, did Obama wake up a white warmonger last week, or did a few retreat to lick their wounds?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:46 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• When it comes down to it, it's all pretty scary. Can't wait to see Obamas next move......but not holding my breath
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:46 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Can't wait to see Obamas next move......
    --
    Obama can't wait to see it either, clearly he didn't see this one coming. lol
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:47 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Wonder how long it will be before we have trouble on our own soil????? This war stuff is not Obama's strong suit. Neither is being forceful.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 11:00 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Hmm, a serious question and not a lib in sight. Wasn't one of them complaining the other day about no serious questions on here?

yourspecialkid

Comment by yourspecialkid (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• They want the people to be Free YSK.
    Who knows what they'll be free to do now.
    In Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Tunisia, Yemen, Libya, Iraq, Syria...oh the list is long.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:43 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I was wondering how long itll take to come here too, and I dont mean revolution. I mean another terror attack. I really think some times that is what it is going to take to remember all these people dont have our best interest at heart.

Answer by gemgem at 2:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2011