Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do I find a lawyer for free to get a divorce or how do I have my soon to be ex pay for the divorce lawyer?

Answer Question

Asked by alexander101 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • I'm not sure of your situation or how long you have been married. If there are not a lot of assets that need to be distributed you can go to staples and get one that you can fill out on your own computer, they're about $50 for a do it yourself kit. You may be able to go to your local or county courthouse and get some information there. If your partner was abusive, definitely contact a local agency and they can help you out. As I said I'm not sure of your situation so there is a few different answers, just trying to give you an idea.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

  • Call the court house,and ask or some lawyers allow payment plans

    Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

  • Call Legal Aid. They did mine for free.

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:18 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.