If your husband did this what would you think?

We was shopping last night at Wal-Mart and as we was walking to the front to leave we walked past the women's section. They had all the swimsuits out. I saw my husband as we walked past staring at the bikinis. He even turned around and did a double take once we had just walked past them. Yes it was the bikinis, no women was in the area at the time. I asked him why he was looking at them and he said he was wondering why they sale the tops and bottoms separate. I know it may sound silly but I am overweight and have always had low self-esteem, there is no way I could wear a bikini. I got the feeling that it wasn't what he said it was it was and he was thinking about someone wearing them. I didn't even want to eat dinner when I got home because it made me feel so horrible. Yes, I know men will be men and it was just a bikini with nobody in it but I feel like he was thinking about someone in it and it makes me feel bad. What do you think?

PS: I didn't tell him that it made me feel bad, just ask in a laughing manner why he was looking at them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• It does make a little more sense given the affair, but if you've decided to stay together and work it out, you actually need to work it out. You're going to drive yourself nuts if a comment about bikinis drives you to asking questions on CM, you know? You need to decide if you can actually trust him, and still want to be with him. If you do, great, but like I said, you're going to drive yourself nuts if little stuff like this bothers you this much....
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 10:42 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I think you're being way oversensitive. You don't know that he was imagining someone else in them, and to accuse him of such is a bit farfetched and based solely on your own insecurities.
    If you feel that badly about yourself, I strongly to encourage you to look inside yourself to find the motivation you need to make some positive, healthy changes for your body. You can do it if you want to :-)
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:09 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• if he said he was wondering why they were sold separately
    i would think that he did not know why they are sold separtately
    and yes, maybe is was just being a man and thinking thoughts of Spring and a visual of a womans body in a binki could have flashed into his mind , i would be more concerned if he did not think of a womans body when he saw a bikini

if he is a wonderful husband to you, you know he loves you (flaws and all) then i would think that i had low self esteem and work on improving my feelings of selfworth
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:13 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Your insecurities are taking you for a ride, maybe it is time you did something about it.....

Answer by older at 10:19 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I would just laugh.. they have some pretty crazy patterns this year and I have done a double take looking at the crazy pattern and again at the price for each..
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:09 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• maybe your looking too much into it, id let it go.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:11 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Woah, I think you read way to much into that.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Your reaction to what he said is yours to own. If he's not an A*hole, then he had no intention of making you feel that way. As to self-esteem, work on it. Everyone is not out to get you or rub your nose in your issues. If it hurts, then you know that's an area you need to change. I'm betting you already know this too.

It wouldn't bother me if someone asked that question. I've wondered about it too but I've also figured it out. It's a case of mix and match the correct fitting bottom to the correct fitting top. Men just don't have a clue how hard it is to get the correct bikini as they've never had to find matching tops. They don't have a clue as to how hard it is to even get dressed as a woman. Unless they are drag queens or cross dressers! lol
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:15 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I'd probably lose weight and wear a bikini next year. Sounds like good motivation to me.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:10 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I agree 100% with what vicesix said.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 10:11 AM on Mar. 29, 2011