In serious pain and need help ! adult content

for those of you who have took birthcontrol pills and didnt have a period for a while afterwards did you have very painful pelvic pain? It has been 3 months almost 4 and i have still not had a period and im in pain i can barley stand it i went to my dr and they dont understand why i am hurting so bad and cant give me a explanation for why i havent had a period yet did anyone else go through this my dr told me that i was like a puzzle they couldnt really tell me anything.

eliesmommy1989

Asked by eliesmommy1989 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Health

• I would stop taking my pills and get something else.. ouch!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:08 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• You probably have some ovarian cysts or endometreosis. I'd ask for an ultrasound to check for cysts and move from there.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I'd stop the pill too until you get it figured out! Does ibuprofen help with the pain?

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• The reason for your pain may not be linked to the reason you haven't gotten your period. I hope you were examined for ectopic pregnancy if you've been of the pill for 3 months, don't have your period and are in pain. Cysts and endometriosis can cause severe pain, but so can kidney stones and diverticulitis. You should see your PCP to see if they can tell where the pain is coming from. There's more than just reproductive organs in the pelvis.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:15 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Ask your Dr. to give you a sonogram and run some blood tests. Stop the pill. I could never take it....it blinds my vision and I get severe headaches.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• they gave me a urine pregnancy test and a exam but thats it they act like they dont know anything she is a nurse practitioner and not a gynocologist just think i mite need to go to another dr for a second opinion
    eliesmommy1989

Comment by eliesmommy1989 (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• GET ANOTHER OPINION, DON'T WASTE TIME WONDERING...
    mommerbean

Answer by mommerbean at 7:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2011