Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

In serious pain and need help ! adult content

for those of you who have took birthcontrol pills and didnt have a period for a while afterwards did you have very painful pelvic pain? It has been 3 months almost 4 and i have still not had a period and im in pain i can barley stand it i went to my dr and they dont understand why i am hurting so bad and cant give me a explanation for why i havent had a period yet did anyone else go through this my dr told me that i was like a puzzle they couldnt really tell me anything.

Answer Question

Asked by eliesmommy1989 at 10:06 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Health

Level 12 (755 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • I would stop taking my pills and get something else.. ouch!

    Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:08 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • You probably have some ovarian cysts or endometreosis. I'd ask for an ultrasound to check for cysts and move from there.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • I'd stop the pill too until you get it figured out! Does ibuprofen help with the pain?


    Answer by anichols1 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • The reason for your pain may not be linked to the reason you haven't gotten your period. I hope you were examined for ectopic pregnancy if you've been of the pill for 3 months, don't have your period and are in pain. Cysts and endometriosis can cause severe pain, but so can kidney stones and diverticulitis. You should see your PCP to see if they can tell where the pain is coming from. There's more than just reproductive organs in the pelvis.


    Answer by JSD24 at 10:15 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • Ask your Dr. to give you a sonogram and run some blood tests. Stop the pill. I could never take blinds my vision and I get severe headaches.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

  • they gave me a urine pregnancy test and a exam but thats it they act like they dont know anything she is a nurse practitioner and not a gynocologist just think i mite need to go to another dr for a second opinion

    Comment by eliesmommy1989 (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Mar. 29, 2011


    Answer by mommerbean at 7:24 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.