Can I get an answer from an athiest?

I am not bashing your choice or trying to change you into being a christian or anything you don't want to be, but I was wondering since you don't believe like I do, what do you truly believe happens when you pass on? What does your soul do? Again I am not bashing or starting a debate and I certainly am not trying to push you into my christian beliefs I just wanted an insight on what you believe, simply because I know a couple athiests and they believe in different things.

JustinScottsMom

Asked by JustinScottsMom at 6:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Most Atheists believe that they just stop when they die--there's nothing afterwards. I am a more spiritual Atheist. I have had paranormal experiences throughout my life and know that something in us continues on. As a Christian you wouldn't want to know some of the things I have seen. Most of them don't know the answer and I know a couple who were pretty pissed when they found it out. Peace! Your friendly neighborhood Atheist witch!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 7:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Great QUESTION!!! I am a Christian, but I wanted to say, I am interested in knowing the answer too, GREAT question.
    Anonymous

• As a Christian we should see and deal with the paranormal. Many Christians dont understand what is out there, and ignore what scripture teaches us about this subject.
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 7:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Scripture taught me that ghosts are evil demons or spirits trying to temp me to the dark side. It also taught me that the Ghost/devil knows all about the person it is posing as, so it can lure me to sin.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:29 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I don't mind talking about it. I just believe that death is the end. If I am going to live on after death, it will be through organ donation :) Hope this helps!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Honestly don't know. Will find that out later. But I too have had my share of paranormal experience. So your soul will live on, but not in the way you might expect.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:44 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• #
    Anonymous
    Answered by:
    Anonymous
    7:15 PM on July 9, 2008

Great QUESTION!!! I am a Christian, but I wanted to say, I am interested in knowing the answer too, GREAT question.
    Report this answer
    #
    motivesmom
    Answered by:

* motivesmom

7:16 PM on July 9, 2008

As a Christian we should see and deal with the paranormal. Many Christians dont understand what is out there, and ignore what scripture teaches us about this subject.
    Report this answer
    #
    vbruno
    Answered by:

* vbruno

7:29 PM on July 9, 2008

Scripture taught me that ghosts are evil demons or spirits trying to temp me to the dark side. It also taught me that the Ghost/devil knows all about the person it is posing as, so it can lure me to sin.

so....why is it that when a non-christian answers a question pose d to "christians onl
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I believe your body just becomes worm food. Who says there is a soul? Bible thumpers? We just ARE and when we die we just AREN'T anymore.
    Anonymous

• I don't think anyone really knows for sure...since ou don't find out until you die, and then it's to late to tell anyone! No offense, really, but I think anyone who professes to know exactly what happens when you die is realy just trying to comfort themselves.
    Anonymous

• "I believe your body just becomes worm food. Who says there is a soul? Bible thumpers? We just ARE and when we die we just AREN'T anymore." - Anonymous

Just a question to the person who posted this answer: How did you come to be? By saying "We just ARE..." sounds like you just magically appeared in your mother's womb and were then put on this earth. Just curious on your thoughts to this question...
    algolden05

Answer by algolden05 at 9:55 PM on Jul. 9, 2008