My best friend just found out

that her 16 year old DD is pregnant with her 19 year old boyfriend's baby. This is legal here. Here's the kicker, they were trying to get pregnant. He is in the
Army stationed in her town but he will prob be moved with the next 6 months. So they decided to get her pregnant so that they could get married (once at girl is 16, she can get married without parent's consent if she is pregnant and the father is over 18). There isn't anything my friend can do at this point so she is helping her DD plan the wedding. She told her she would rather her go to college (just got her GED) and stay at home, but well, that didn't go over big. Anyway, the other moms are criticizing my friend but, honestly what else can she do? I think it is good that she is getting this time with her DD to bond over the coming baby and the wedding instead of fighting because there is no telling where her boyfriend will end up getting stationed. Is my friend wrong for this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Wow, i would be pissed.. I wouldnt help plan a wedding, i would just suggest they do a courthouse wedding. I would do more planning for my grand baby making sure the little one is taken care of.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:23 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• No, not really. There isn't anything she can do. The deed is done.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:23 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• No. U need to cherish all the time u have together. Nobody is promised tomorrow.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:23 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I think she is doing the right thing, it was bound to happen anyway, why not be a part of it....

Answer by older at 10:25 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Se is doing the right thing. I wish my mother would of done that for me before i ran off & got married and moved across the united states.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:31 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• All you can do is make the best of a bad situation.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:35 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• After being angry, hurt, upset...I'd probably do the same thing as your friend. Whats done is done. And my daughter will forever be my daughter, reguardless of her decisions and choices she makes in life. It would be too late at that point to change anything. Good Luck to your friend and her daughter.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:59 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I feel the same as Kimberlyinberea - I would be hurt and upset and probably angry, but I would do the same as your friend. You can't change what happened, and being angry and unwillingly to accept what has happened, would only push her away. I have boys but if I was in a situation similar to this with my boys I would be there to support them best I could and would try my best to be accepting of my future daughter in-law as well.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:12 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• The fact that your gave birth to a daughter doesn't obligate you to pay for a wedding. Why do parents think that? She shouldn't be "giving" them a wedding, they should be handling it themselves since they decided to be adults.
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 11:34 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• She is not "giving them" a wedding. It will be a very small one and they are paying for most of it. His mom is doing the rehearsal dinner and her future sister in law is doing the bridal shower. My friend is only paying for the photographer (she wants to, she wasn't asked to) and buying a new dress for the day
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:59 AM on Mar. 29, 2011