2nd pregnancy - not feeling excited yet... :(

I'm pregnant for the second time - my first is 2 years old and he's the light of my life. When I was pregnant with him, I was constantly thinking about it, excited, reading books constantly, etc. The problem is...I don't feel excited or "attached" to this pregnancy like I did with my first.

I'm 15 weeks right now...my hubby keeps telling me it's normal to feel this way since I've already been through all this before. Any suggestions on how I can get more excited or "into" it this time? I'm getting worried. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Don't worry. Give it some time. My last baby was a suprise, and it took me five months to process it. Once I found out it was a girl and I gave her a name, I started to get excited.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:26 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I started looking at boy and girl things, dreaming of what I wanted the nursery to look like, picking out names, choosing themes for bedding and getting the soon to be big sister involved with the thought of having a sibling.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:26 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I totally understand how you feel and feel the same way. I'm 37 weeks now and still not quite as excited as I was with our first, but I believe that will change when she is born. I think it's pretty normal--the first child is taking up so much of our time and attention, plus we're growing a new life as well--there's not a whole lot of energy and excitement left over :) But I really believe that when our new little ones get here, we'll be just as excited about them and love them just as much as the first child! If you do find yourself having issues taking care of the new baby and NOT being as excited about them, might be a good idea to get checked for post-partum depression. I have several friends who have struggled with it after the birth of their second child because it's all just so overwhelming so I'm definitely going to be paying attention to the cues my body and mind give me, and making sure it's not PPD. Good luck!
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• do something fun with your pregnancy! get some body paint! paint that belly! maybe have hubby take artistic semi-nude photos! do something fun!
    DaNanny28

Answer by DaNanny28 at 10:34 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Maybe start decorating the nursery ! :)
    Go out and start a registry ! Those made me super excited ! :)
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 11:50 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• It takes time. You'll never understand how you can love another one like the first til you have another one.
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 2:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2011