Stuff at home to help with teething?

My 9 month old is teething like crazy! He is up all night long crying and I give him tylenol but it doesnt seem to be working out. Last night it was every 2 hours. He didnt even wake up that much as a newborn. My husband has recently kicked me out of our home with no job and no money. I am staying with my parents right now but dont want to ask them for any money to go buy other things to try. Any one know any solutions with stuff thats already around the home?

mrssmitley1210

Asked by mrssmitley1210 at 10:31 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Freeze a damp washcloth
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:33 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I agree with PP, you can freeze a damp washcoth. Hopefully he doesn't do what my girls did, lol. They would clean things rather than chew on it. I know you said you don't have money right now to buy anything, but teething tablets work great! They don't cost much at all if you can spare it. I am sorry to hear about your situation...I will keep you in my prayers.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:35 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• frozen washcloths, massages withyour finger or those nubby rubber finger gumbrushes they give you at the hospital.
    atltrainer

Answer by atltrainer at 10:38 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I agree with the chilled washcloth! Also, do you have any plastic baby spoons with the longer handles? I noticed when my son was teething, especially with further back teeth, he'd try and put the spoon back (when I was feeding him) to wherever it hurt and he'd just gnaw on it. So I put a couple of those long spoons in the freezer and I'd give them to him when his teeth were bugging him. It worked great! Of course you want to do this while he's sitting in his high chair, or something, and you can watch him... since the long spoon poses a choking hazard.
    Good luck!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:54 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• celery. Make sure to keep an eye on him
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• frozen wash cloths worked best for me. maybe instead of the long handled baby spoon you can use the "adult" plastic spoons (like the wooden ones) the we use for stiring (not such a choking hazard)
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 9:28 PM on Mar. 30, 2011