Is it okay to let my baby eat Jello?

SammysMom08

Asked by SammysMom08 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• depends on the age. I fed mine pudding, and he's 8 months. I would think it's okay, just small small little bites. enough that if he/she starts to choke it could slide right down...
    Kimikee101

Answer by Kimikee101 at 10:29 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• why would you? it's got food coloring, has ZERO nutritional value, and could have dangerous chemicals like xylitol or sucrolose in it, that cause diarrhea (if it's sugar free). Feed your baby good food!
    Anonymous

• I do, It was just as a treat, hes 7months old, and we were having it with our Thanksgiving dinner. It was only this one time. Plus I was just asking!
    SammysMom08

Answer by SammysMom08 at 10:41 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• I don't know.. I would not but that is just me.. to each there own.. I mean I do not think a small amount would hurt the baby... but from another perspective if someone said it is just a small amount of my pee would you drink it?
    Anonymous

• OMG Anon951: that is sooo disgusting, and TOTALLY irrelevant! Jell-o is NOT the same as urine, and no where close! Before you hate on Jell-o, think about what all in your diet has food coloring, preservatives, fats, sugars, and other stuff you don't necessarily need. But that doesn't mean you dont like it!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:38 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• my boys love jello and get it as desserts most nights..its either that or pudding. much better then cookies right?
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:49 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• You cna try a taste, but really it's just sugar.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:27 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• I think the question you want answered is if your baby can have it, not if everyone and there mother thinks its a good idea. My answer is yes, its soft and water soluble, it will be easy for the baby to chew and she most likely will not choke on it, if youre worried about that, just give her a small amount at a time.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 4:04 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• Hahaha isn't it funny how so many women can get so rude with they're answer's about something so trivial as Jello! I think every now and then like, once a month or twice a month a taste of the sweet's is perfectly fine! Sure it has 0 nutritional value to it, but c'mon...how much did we love to have a sweet treat now and then when we where kids?!
    aidansmyheart

Answer by aidansmyheart at 6:51 AM on Nov. 28, 2008

• JUST REMEMBER THINGS WITH FOOD COLORING OR RICH COLORS CAN COLOR YOUR KIDS POOP.. I FREAKED ONE DAY WHEN I OPEN A RED DIAPER AND SAY RED POOP TILL I FOUND OUT HE HAD BEEN DRINKING RED PUNCH AT THE DAY CARE
    ARMYMOM269

Answer by ARMYMOM269 at 9:03 AM on Nov. 28, 2008