6 year old birthday invite question

My daughter's 6th birthday is coming up and we'd like to have it in the park. We did last year, though, and it was cold and rainy (it was supposed to be sunny and near 60 but such is weather in New England).

This year I was thinking of adding two notes to the invite. One saying to please dress appropriately to play outdoors and the other that if it is below 45 degrees or rainy it will be the following Saturady.

Is this tacky or weird?

Octobersmom

Asked by Octobersmom at 10:41 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I do not think it is tacky or weird. I would also say in it that when they rsvp, they need to leave a phone number so you can contact them if there is a change.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:43 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I think considering New England weather this is very wise, and I think most will appreciate it. IMHO not tacky or weird. Thoughtful and concerned for the children...I like it.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:43 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Well, perhaps I'd write "weather permitted" and if it's too cold I'd have another option like something indoor. That way, people don't have to plan for possibly two different party dates.

I'm in NE, too...it's tough sometimes because the weather is so unpredictable at this time of year!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:44 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• SleepingBeautee - I love the phone number idea :)
    rio_burb - I would do that except that I don't have a place to have an indoor party...our house is just too darn small for it.
    Octobersmom

Comment by Octobersmom (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I think its smart.
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 4:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I don't think so. I think it's a great idea!
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Does your park have an area you can rent for indoor use? Ours does and it is pretty cheap too. It also has a small area that just has picnic tables and shelter with a fireplace that you can rent for even less than the building. Could you do something like that? I agree that "weather permitting" is a good idea. From a Mom that works every other weekend, it could be a bad thing for us. It is hard for us to change things easily. Good luck, I hope the weather is nice for you.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• What if it's also cold the next weekend? It's very good to say how to dress, but rescheduling for the next weekend could back fire too.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:10 PM on Mar. 30, 2011