I think I owe some folks around here an apology. Not really a ? - An apology

Boy did I have my head up my own butt yesterday! ~ Apparently ~

I did see that whole monster that wound up with like 500 comments - early yesterday - and I opted not to join in the whole back and forth. That's not me. (And to my credit it had WAY less than 500 comments when I first say it )

Then I went off and posted a question about Free Will - I never went back to the Religion area (other than checking in on the ? I posted)....

Apparently I had THE WORST timing a person can have - and because of some residual feelings from the Monster Post Some moms apparently thought I was picking at them personally. - I wasn't. I would never be so passive-aggressive to post an ambiguous question "about" you -- if I have a problem with you , I'll come to you.

Note: I'm not apologizing for how I believe, I stand by my beliefs.

I am apologizing for having such horrible timing and because of that I may have caused animosity with some of you.

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 10:52 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I don't think most people were offended by your question--or at least I know I wasn't offended by it. I noticed some people pointed out that an atheist would say 'God made them this way' in jest. I thought it was an interesting question though. It's interesting to ponder the concept of free will. Personally, I believe there is a middle ground between determinism and free will or freedom of choice. I don't think you did anything wrong by asking the question. It was just a question, but it's cool that you are willing to apologize in case anyone was bothered by your wording or timing. :-)
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• geez, i was hoping for an actual substance-filled post. shoulda known better. :(

You're not going to find a lot of substance with a question that featured "I hope you die soon so you find out you're wrong about Hell when you get there" as a main talking point
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:46 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Girl, why are you apologizing to anyone? People on CM always twist stuff around to suit their own needs. I didnt see your original post, but i def wouldnt be apologizing just because some chicks got their panties in a bunch.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:56 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Meooma, it's that one about are you going to heaven or hell in R&B (it's closed now, but you can still read it)

Shelby - you don't need to apologize, but the way it was used in there kind of answers your other question, too.  It's a sarcastic way of pointing out a problem with the logic of free will.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:58 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I wasn't offended - I didn't reply (and I didn't really read through the comments), I know, but that was more because I couldn't think of a response, lol. Its not your fault your timing was off, if you really feel that was an issue. I think it shows true character, though, apologizing even if there's not really anything to apologize for. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:40 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I don't ALWAYS agree with Notpanicking....but she ROCKS the religion section!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• 500 comments...WOW. What thread? I want to read. I'm sure I wasn't involved but nice that you apologized to the group in general.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:54 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• You are way too nice.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:56 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• how did i miss a 500-comment thread??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:56 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• As others stated you don't owe an apology. there are some who do, ( for good reason at times) get their panties in bunch.
    then they cross the line and go after whoever. It's all good. BTW I've been guilty of crossing that line also. Have we had a full moon lately or is it just hormones?
    daps

Answer by daps at 11:01 AM on Mar. 29, 2011