How old was your baby when s/he started pinching your skin, pulling your hair, or tugging on your jewelry while nursing or bottle feeding? What did you do about it?

My babies were both around three months but wanted to see if it was the same for everyone else! I made a nursing necklace for them and it really helped! (cuddltug is what I call it!)

cuddeltugmommy

Asked by cuddeltugmommy at 10:54 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it was around 2 or 3 months. Just redirect their hands to something else.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:55 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• 2-3 months. I found something called nursing jewelry, it's a plastic charm (large enough not to harm baby) and a bracelet. I just took the bracelet off and let babe play with it or hold it while we nursed and it solved the issue.. keep the hands busy and they are busy. later i would put the bracelet on her so she had a pretty too and wouldnt want mine.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:56 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Same as the others 2-3 months. Wish I new about the nursing jewlery!! Where can I find it? I am going to be nursing again soon. Or did you just make it zoejains?
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:15 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Oh and to answer ur question I just redirected there hands somewhere else or put a soft toy in their hands.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:16 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I cant remember when they started doing it but I remember that all three did (#4 is still too little). #2 used to pinch my breasts so bad that she left bad bruises. I wish I had thought about nursing jewelry! I would just try to get them to hold onto my fingers.
    mwengenroth

Answer by mwengenroth at 1:41 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Nursing Jewelry -I believe you can find some really pretty ones on Etsy for cheap.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• CuddleTug nursing necklace is on etsy or cuddletug.com.
    cuddeltugmommy

Comment by cuddeltugmommy (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2011