I am so miserable at work!!!!!! It's like having more children to take care of! (More of a vent than a ?)

I am a mother of 3 at home and a mother of a special needs child at work! She is a 59-yr-old woman that I swear I don't know how she wipes her own ass without me! I miss my kids, I hate my job. I want to go home!!! I would quit, but this company makes it difficult with all the benefits they offer. But I keep telling myself life is too short. I am miserable. So how much is too much stress? At what point do I say adios and deal with a paycut, worse insurance benefits and no more stock option and awesome PTO? I am trying to pay off debt so I can stay home with my boys more often. I am just drowning at this place!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• Oh man...sounds like you need to offer some refresher courses to the geriatric in your office and teach her how to work on her own. Productively. When she comes to you with a problem, tell her she also needs to start offering solutions with each problem she presents. Offer to pay for a few meetings or refresher courses, seminars and get her up to speed with what's required at work. She's probably counting the days until she can retire and leave also, so let's make it beneficial for all that work there. Take some time, asses the situation and offer her some help in a way that she can quickly help herself. GL
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:29 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• You should be networking, and keeping an eye open for other opportunities

Answer by rkoloms at 4:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• This scenario caught me when I was young, and it dictated the direction of my life. I worked without the support of a man or from my family (pregnancy discharge from military & everyone hated me for that). I decided to quit whenever I thought I hated the job and tried to find greener pastures. My work history got so messy that I constantly got rejection letters every time I looked for a better job. Truth is there is no escape. Best thing you can do is find a babysitter that you can trust, then be strong. Rather that you stay and stick it out to show stability than to quit. Once you have more than a year (at the very least), then you can change jobs or network. No employer likes a job-jumper.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 5:29 PM on Mar. 30, 2011