please help....

ok so I just got home from the hospital.....been having irregular contractins and TONS of back pain for about a week now ( I'm 38 weeks), so today it got really intense and my mm convinced me to go to L&D just to be sure. I was having contractions but hadn't dialated any so they let me walk for 30 mins, checked me again and sent me home. has anyone experienced this and had to have a c-section bc they didn't open or dialte?, regardless of what the staff at the hospital siad I am convinced that this is the real deal- my pain is unbearable and my fiance is out of town for the weekend and i'm tryin to figure out if i should go ahead and get him home or if i should wait and see what happens please any answers would help....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you haven't yet, I'd say you need to contact your ob. If your pain is unbearable and your fiance can get back then it seems a good idea to have him there, even if it isn't time, the fact that you are in so much pain tells me that you could use his support. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 10:38 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Yeah, that's what happened to me. I had the c section and I'd op for one again. I was numb from the chest down and was in heaven. LOL. The recovery wasn't that bad for me. I was up and around the next day and making love by the 8th day!! Good luck. I hope to be seeing you announce your baby here by tomorrow!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 10:45 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• so you were in labor but not dialating?? 'im pretty sure thats whats happening to me...thanks for the hel
    Anonymous

• Personally I know your uncomfortable, but I was in labor, they broke my water and everything, and I was in labor for 22 hrs. and only got Dialated to 3. Finally he was taken C-section. So I dialated, but only to 3, never got any father, because I wouldn't. Personaly I would try to wait and see what happens, if necessary call your man home, but I would wait until it's actually happening, but if ur in pain and it's not going anywhere, I'd call him home and tell them to take that baby already!!! Give it a day or so and if nothing happens go back and bitch until they take the baby
    Kimikee101

Answer by Kimikee101 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Yep, I was in labor for almost 12 hours and not moving at all so the doctor went ahead and said he'd like to do the c section. It was great. LOL
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 10:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• That's what happened to me, and I refused to go home. I just had a bad feeling. So they gave me a morphine shot and I went to sleep. I woke up several hours later to a frenzy of nurses and doctors moving me around, putting iv's in me, and trying to find my son's heartbeat because it had disappeared from the monitors. Long story short, they got it back up and then induced me with pitocin. I was pushing 2 hours later and was able to give birth vaginally.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:49 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• i had the same thing kind of i was having back labor and i was a whole week over due and i went in and they had me walking for an hour and then checked me again and gave me sleeping pills i got home at 2 am and then woke up at 5:30am to get up and go the the br but right when i walked in the br door my water broke. i had vaginal birth with her but she didnt want to come out so the cut all the way up and all the way too my butt and pulled her out.
    addelynsmommy

Answer by addelynsmommy at 11:56 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• addelynsmommy
    addel...
    i had the same thing kind of i was having back labor and i was a whole week over due and i went in and they had me walking for an hour and then checked me again and gave me sleeping pills i got home at 2 am and then woke up at 5:30am to get up and go the the br but right when i walked in the br door my water broke. i had vaginal birth with her but she didnt want to come out so the cut all the way up and all the way too my butt and pulled her out.

i would persionally be pissed if they cut all the way up and all the way to my butt .i would rather have a c section/
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 1:22 AM on Nov. 28, 2008