Why are spankings wrong...i really dont get it. your not beating your child your not leaving brusies so i dont get it

brandnew744

Asked by brandnew744 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• IMO -- it's because some people get carried away -- they get so angry that they can't control themselves enough to just swat the bottom a couple of times.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Because like some people think formula feeding is wrong, breastfeeding is wrong, forward facing carseats are wrong, etc. etc. etc. people have their own views on what is okay to use as discipline and what isn't.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i swat on the butt once. i was raised with it and im fine people are overly much about the whole spanking thing.
    brandnew744

Comment by brandnew744 (original poster) at 11:30 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i spank my kids. i dont see why its so wrong.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:31 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I don't think spanking is wrong. I just only use it in an extreme situation. There were recent studies done that found that children that were spanked actually grew up more violent. Not sure if that is true seeing how I don't have a PhD or anything but I know I grew up with spankings and I know I just learned tricks to get around the pain of them instead of actually learning to not do what I had been doing.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 11:31 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Just b/c you dont leave a bruise on a child dosent mean its not taking a toll on them. I personally dont agree with it but I dont tell others they cant. I will never allow it to happen to my daughter that is for darn sure & if anyone was to do that they'd be in huge trouble. This may come from the fact that I was beaten as a child & no not a spank but actually beaten.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I think if that the discipline of your choice and your okay with it, then don't worry about what other people think.  I've noticed that the real bashing on it happens here.  In real life everyone I know spanks.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• like pp said some parents hit their kids in anger the child does not remember what they did but how the parents lost their temper and control of themselves
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• spankings aren't wrong. the intent may be, but spankings? no.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:35 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Honestly, I see it the other way. I prefer to raise my children with decent discipline in their lives than to just let them go crazy! Timeouts don't work. Time in's work even less...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:37 AM on Mar. 29, 2011