Does anyone know of some part-time work?

I am a mother and would like to earn a little bit of cash while the kids are in school. Please help!

kittymom430

Asked by kittymom430 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• Any kind of retail job is good, if you're willing to do it. It's super easy to get a cashier job anywhere, and a lot of places are hiring part-time positions. I just got a part-time cashier job at Lowe's - places like that are hiring a LOT for the summer season! Look online at any mall websites near you, and bring your resume to any place that might need a cashier. Look on local job websites.
    Good luck!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:42 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Places are hiring now that it's going into summer and the general busy season.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:42 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Well you seem to be in the same boat as many of us are.

Your going to have to find a job that is okay with school hours meaning an 8-2 job & that is kind of hard you know. Waitress? But usually shifts for that are super early & get out before noon or you do the later shift by 7/8 but you are there through lunch. Olive Garden (worked there) was good with things like that.

Can you do a out of home thing? Make cakes, gift baskets, plan parties. How about a call center? Sometimes you can do calls out of your own home. I really dont know, you'll just have to look around.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:43 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• McDonald's LOVES Mommy's and go out of their way to work with your schedule. Part time is what McDonald's seems to only want to hire for.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:58 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing and small business marketing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Have you ever thought about working from home? I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3½ year old son, and 2 year old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! We have free training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping Families Achieve Their Goals Since 1999!
    Visit my website to get all the details.
    www.OurCEOMom.com

Get to know our team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com
    We are the largest group of Women working from Home online!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:54 PM on Mar. 29, 2011