carpal tunnel?

my arms are killing me! my midwife says it's not uncommon and caused by bad circulation, but what exactly does that mean? i cant grasp anything with my left, the worst of my hands, most of the time and am awake all night trying to find a comfortable position. tylenol isn't doing anything but giving me MORE heartburn and an ace wrap halfway helps but then leaves marks on my arm for hours. any suggestions? any remedies would be helpful! thanks

donalikemymomma

Asked by donalikemymomma at 10:36 PM on Nov. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I too had carpal tunnel when I was pregnant with my first. It didn't develop till somewhere around my 6th month and progressively got worse. I was told there wasn't anything that could be done, and we would have to consider surgery after the pregnancy if it didn't go away. Thankfully it did. So just wait it out, I know it's hard but hopefully it will pass after you have your baby. Good luck.
    meetzycat

Answer by meetzycat at 11:59 PM on Nov. 27, 2008

• most drugstores, wal Marts and Targets carry "braces" in the pharmacy or sporting goods section.. Get one for each wrist and wear them at night as well as any time they are really bothering you. It helps keep your wrist in the best anatomical position. If it doesn't resolve after delivery do not fool around waiting. I messed around making excuses for a long time when my symptoms(not related to pregnancy0 first showed up. I have had multiple hand surgeries now. The carpal tunnel is resovled but the nerve damage I allowed to happen lives on forever.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:45 AM on Nov. 28, 2008