Car seat troubles

Does your baby hate their car seat? My son never use to but now he cries the entire time he's in it. I mean cries hard with tears running down his face until I take him out. He doesn't gt worn out and fall asleep either. Do you have this problem? If so, what do you do? I dread going places because of it.

-lovingliam-

Asked by -lovingliam- at 11:45 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• Have you checked the straps to make sure they're not hurting him?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:45 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• ive adjusted the car seat a buncha times and it doesnt seem to be the issue. he hates being strapped back
    -lovingliam-

Comment by -lovingliam- (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• have you tried toys? my boys are forward facing now so i'm always saying LETS LOOK FOR FIRETRUCKS. LOOK LOOK AT THAT PICK UP just obnoxious things to distract them.
    try singing to him? that works for us SOMETIMES
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 11:49 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• join the car seat safety group and post pictures of your child in the seat and the install. theyll be able to offer safe options. it could be the recline, the straps, or even the seat itself. just so you know, almost all kids tend to go through a phase where they hate the car but it doesnt last forever. *hugs*
    TwoSugars

Answer by TwoSugars at 11:50 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• he's only 2 1/2 months old so distractions only work for a short period.
    -lovingliam-

Comment by -lovingliam- (original poster) at 11:50 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• How long has your child been doing this? Maybe you could play some soft music, maybe a pacifier, make sure he is snuggled in. He might feel unsafe if he isn't. Maybe crack a window. I hope one of these things will work for you. I know how terrible it is for you to be driving and can't help him. Good Luck!
    kittymom430

Answer by kittymom430 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My Son was like that when he was rear facing because he couldn't see me and would throw up. I limited his trips in the car then front faced him as soon as I could & he was just fine. Never had a fit again. Maybe the rear motion of the car makes him sick. I can't even ride on a train sitting backwards myself.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• DS did this from 2 months until 4 months. We couldn't get him to calm down until we got him out and the sec he was in it he would scream like he was in pain. What finally worked for us was moving him out of the infant car seat. He hated it. I think he was uncomfortable maybe? IDK but once I started him in the bigger car seat he was fine. Still is and he will be 2 soon.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• my son doesn't like pacifiers so that doesn't work to calm him. If my husbands driving I sit in the back with him. Sometimes this works but once he starts crying there's not much to do to stop him unless hes already tired and falls asleep. However, thats usually not the case. Hestarts crying as soon as we put him in it. Hopefully he grows out of it
    -lovingliam-

Comment by -lovingliam- (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Mar. 31, 2011