Swelling

Does anyone know of a way to help the swelling go down? I have been having severe swelling for the last couple of weeks. My doctor almost had to cut my ring off.

Tori_990

Asked by Tori_990 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Are you pregnant or did you just give birth? Sometimes that swelling doesn't start to dissipate until after you give birth. And, it can be very slow going down. In the meantime, raising your arms or legs (wherever the swelling is bad) over your head or above heart level and staying very well hydrated can help a little. Also, rest when you can.

Good luck. :)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:53 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Cut back on sodium and drink plenty of water. Also when lying down keep your hands elevated and your feet elevated to help blood flow. These things are about as much as you can do unless it is a BP problem then you can talk with your doctor about things you can do to help and they May even prescribe meds if it is bad enough. Good luck to you and i know how you feel there are days it Doesnt even look like i have ankles.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 11:55 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• im still pregnant. i drink a ton of water and am pretty much constantly sitting with my feet up. to even take a shower is difficult cuz my one ankle will swell to the point where i cant even bend it.
    Tori_990

Comment by Tori_990 (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Try to eat food with less sodium and put your feet up often. Good Luck Honey !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 12:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Cut out sodium
    mommythree0508

Answer by mommythree0508 at 2:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• If your pregnant and also experiencing high blood pressure I would talk to your dr about preclampsia. Unfourtnatelly there is nothing you can do for swelling really maybe a little bed rest is all that helped me a little. Good luck.
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 3:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• NO SALT
    Mommylovesu2011

Answer by Mommylovesu2011 at 4:56 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• eat healthy, drink plenty of water, cut down on your salt intake, don't sit or stand for too long, and elevate your feet throughout the day.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 5:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2011