Nightmares in a 3 yr old?

My niece has been having nightmares almost nightly for about a year. My sil is at a loss as to what to do. I was over at their house last night and it just breaks my heart to hear her wimpier and cry in her sleep. My sister in law tried "monster spray" and that helps her go to sleep, but what can you do about nightmares? This is something I've never had to deal with in my children, so nightmares are a new territory for me.

daughteroftruth

Asked by daughteroftruth at 11:58 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in General Parenting

• I find that if my kids eat too late or are way wound up right before bed they do not sleep as well and many times will dream. Can you switch the direction the bed faces? I know it sounds wierd but it worked for me when I was in college and had bad dreams, I slept with my head at the foot of the bed for a month or so and then switched back?! also try a cute story before bed, they go to sleep thinking about the story and not the scary stuff! Hope it gets better!
    gardenmommy2

Answer by gardenmommy2 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2011