Has anyone found what I was told was FUNGUS/MOLD in my Capri Sun? adult content

I found a disguisting long, slimy, & rubbery what I thought might be a worm, in my son's Capri Sun. For 11 days the lab has had the speciman, which I took to my son's pediatrician for analysis. The diagnosis came back from the lab this morning and they are saying it's a FUNGUS/MOLD. Does anyone know anything about this? I have contacted several organizations about this. It appears this has happened before, and there are 7 formal complaints all describing the same thing as myself. 6 of the complaints were about Capri Sun and the other was MOLD found in a "LITTLE HUG" drink.

I am trying to get more information on this as my son has asthma and I just noticed last night this rash on his chin. As much as I would like to believe this is harmless, this FUNGUS was very large over an inch in lenght with abundant amounts of fungus (p/lab report). This is very concerning to me. I would appreciate your feedback please. Thank you.

momof2boys096

Asked by momof2boys096 at 11:58 AM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Kids' Health

• This is old news. Look it up on yahoo or google - or even here there were posts about it months and months ago. My son is not allowed to drink Capri Sun anymore.
    Anonymous

• Yuck!!! I am never going to buy those for my girls again!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• this is the first time i am seeing anything about it i am not going to get anymore for my daughter
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 12:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• GROSS!!!!! I guess I'm late too cause I've never heard this but I bet Capri Sun won't be making another appearence in MY house lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Fungus and mold ARE VERY HARMFUL to LOTS of people!! Call the FDA and report this, call the maker of Capri sun, hell! Call the news!!! That is just beyond GROSS and Disgusting if you ask me! Id be giving my kid cool-aid instead of Capri sun juice. You can at least SEE what is in the package of cool-aid and control the amount of sugar you give the kid.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yes this was discussed several months ago. It would seem the sample or the package of the drink needs to be taken to a LAB or some kind of consumer protection agency to have it analyzed. If you are thinking about "suing for damages' ,as so many people do nowdays....make sure you get an attorney and have real proof. Otherwise, you are SOL.

Personally, I would just throw the stuff out and forget it.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• thanks for that. i buy those and put them in my sons lunch every day. but wont be doing it anymore. my son has asthma too..his his allergy related and mold is one of his biggest triggers. i once bought yoohoos like that and was so grossed out i havent bought them again.. maybe i will just stick to the clear pouch capri suns, i think they have those..idk.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yuck!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 12:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Since I am new to this site I wanted to thank all of you who responded to my question. This may be old news for some, it was current news to myself and apparently to a lot of other moms. Yes, I have contacted Capri Sun and the FDA who can do further research on this issue. I do have the lab report from where the speciman was sent. I am trying to get further investigation of this as there have been other familys than myself who this has happened to.
    momof2boys096

Comment by momof2boys096 (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• First I've heard of this. Yuck is right. Thanks for sharing this info with those of us who missed it previously.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2011