Another question for the Christians...

As I've said before, I'm not a beat-you-over-the-head-with-the-Bible kind of Christian. But I do rely on my sisters in Christ to let me know when I'm in the wrong about any aspect of my life as maybe Satan has a hold on that part and I can't see that I'm in the wrong. So, sisters, if you see I'm in the wrong, will you correct me in a loving, Christian way?

bretsnag

Asked by bretsnag at 6:53 PM on Jul. 9, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would state my opinion in a nonjudgemental way, but I wouldn't push it on you! The choice is clearly yours if you were to take the advice or not
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 6:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Yes ma'am =)

I have to admit I was worried when I saw there was another Christian post, hehe.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• Thats where the free will comes into play
    JustinScottsMom

• Certainly! But if my comments were too harsh i might have to check anonymous!! jk
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 7:00 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• We are called to judge each other (read your bible) in that if we see another Brother or Sister veering off the path into sin we lead them back. We could start another whole thing with the judge not, people don't read the rest of the verse. If the Body does not hold each other accountable then the Body does not function like it should.
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 7:02 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

That's pretty much what I'm looking for. We can correct each other without being mean and hypocritical about it.
    bretsnag

Answer by bretsnag at 7:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I'm a former born-again Christian, so you probably don't want to hear from me. However, after reading your posts over the past couple of days, I'm certain that I did the right thing by leaving the church. Self-righteous people like you make me sick.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

I am sorry but that was way uncalled for!! How is she being self riteous by asking for a little guidance if she happens to get onto the wrong track?
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 8:06 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• read her other posts.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• I sure will! :) And as you said in a LOVING way, that is the key. Matthew 7:2-5 As long as you will do the same for me, as this passage says "you will be judged in the same way you judge others" I'm ok with that if you are? :)

Someone asking for people to keep her on track is FAR from self-rigteous. It shows grea humility!!! Clearly this person does not know the real meaning of self-righteousness or humility.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 8:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2008