GIRLS OR BOYS???

Which is easier to raise?

ladylovemm

Asked by ladylovemm at 12:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I only have a boy at the moment, but I believe each gender comes with it's own pros and cons. You also have to consider the personally of the child. So I really don't think is either easier or harder to raise than the other.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I have both and their both just as hard for different reasons imo.

Answer by gemgem at 12:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I have a 12 year old boy and a 3 year old girl.... Already my daughter is much more challenging! It could just be her personality though.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 12:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Boys are so much easier. My daughter makes me want to bang my head against the wall daily :)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 12:40 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My daughter is 6 and my son is 4 and by FAR my son has been much more of a handful. I mean, no contest. But me thinks that will all turn around once my daughter hits her tween and early teen years, lol.

I think *in general* they say that boys are harder when they are younger and girls are harder during teen years, but each child is different and you never know what your gonna get =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My oldest son is a pretty calm and well behaved boy. My daughter is a little harder. But my youngest son.. He is a monster. lol. He is the epitome of a rough and tumble boy. We are expecting another girl, so I'm excited and scared to see how she will fit into our little family!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 12:59 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• so far for me my son is easier.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i have a boy tahts it so far but he is 2 and he drives me nuts with his little fits when he doesnt get his way other than that he is a wonderful child!!!
    kolbysmama20

Answer by kolbysmama20 at 2:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My son is 7 1/2 and a bit of a sissy boy. He's super smart so would much rather spend all day reading books. Being the first born he's gotta have everything HIS way, exactly, or he'll have a tantrum. He is one of those children that will do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, even though you told him not to minutes/hours/days/weeks ago. He also has social issues due to years of ear infections we never knew about.

My daughter is 4 and a LOT tomboy. She's mouthy, stubborn, willful, defiant, pig-headed, mulish, I'll-do-it-myself-get-out-of-my-way, just like her Momma. She is also very sweet, kind-hearted, and compassionate. All she wants to do all day is GO. We've got her in as many activities as we can afford, without overloading the daily/weekly schedule. She is VERY good at making me laugh just by looking at me.

Both of my kids are easy and hard at the same time, for different reasons.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Girls! I just don't understand boys!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2011