Sick of this attitude...

Is it just me going through crazy pregnancy mood swings or does it seem like my boyfriend doesn't understand that pregnant woman have crazy mood swings and I'm not trying to be mean?

It feels like he is being completely mean to me for no reason... Maybe it's just me being crazy thinking he's being mean when I am actually...

In the first trimester we never fought... Now it seems as we get towards the end were just fighting so much!

Anybody else? It's annoying me...

jessiskinner200

Asked by jessiskinner200 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• You both need to take a deep breath and ...be nice to eachother. It's not a contest. Go give him a big mooch and start over. Tomorrow you can start over again if need be.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 12:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• It's getting closer to delivery time, and your boyfriend is feeling the pressure. He may be starting the fights and/or being mean with the hopes that you will turn him loose and set him free from any and all expectations of being a father to this child. I don't know him, so I can't say for sure, but I do know that guys who are not 100% committed to marriage and family often try to flee those responsibilities. In the beginning stages of all this, it was all fun and games, and now the reality of the situation is starting to set in. If that's the case, I don't know of one thing you can do about it, but I would be paying very close attention to what he says during the fights. There you will likely find the clues to what he is really thinking and feeling about his new-found situation. When I read what you wrote here, my first thought that he was trying to run you away so as to free himself. Hope that is not the case!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• just so you know a guy can have pressure on him as well when his woman is having his baby. A lot is going threw his head as well. Is he ready, can he handle it, what to do, looking forward to certain things, manning up, etc. I like Ochsamom comment. Just breathe.
    DaNanny28

Answer by DaNanny28 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• He may very well be put off by your attitude- I am not one to think that you get a "free pass" just because you are pregnant. You still need to be respectful and courteous to others. If that means you need to to check yourself before you open your mouth every time then you should.

I frequently ask myself "Ok, I'm pissed RIGHT NOW but is it for a rational reason? Will it matter later today or even tomorrow? Would this normally upset me?"
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 12:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• It's normal :) All you can really do is at the end of the day apologize and he might too since you both know where this "atititude" is coming from. Your hormones are so out of wack and I'd say not even in your control most days.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Thanks to everybody's comments and thoughtful inputs. I do think it is a mixture of us both being nervous as to being new parents. He is very committed to the relationship however that is one thing I know for sure. Since day one of us being together, and since day one of me being pregnant he has been the most supportive person I could ever ask for. That's why all this fighting recently has been making me really worried as to why it's happening. I don't think it's because he wants to leave, I do think it's because he is having to put up with my hormones gone wacko. He is very supportive, I think pregnancy is just a more of a bigger deal than I thought. Thanks to everybody's input.
    jessiskinner200

Comment by jessiskinner200 (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

Very rude.
    Anonymous