Too much what??....Really??

I had a dr appointment....everything is good except that in my last ultrasound i had alot of fluid....so my midwive is sending me to get another ultrasound to check it again,also to see if he is head down yet.(he was breech last time).Im starting to worry,I didnt even know it was posible to have too much fluid.Hope everything is goin to be ok.Has any of you ladies had this problem?

I forgot to add that im currently 33wks

lcardenas51989

Asked by lcardenas51989 at 12:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I haven't had this problem but a friend of mine had a mild case. She delivered 3 weeks early, but the baby was fine. Here is a link to some more info.http://www.marchofdimes.com/complications_polyhydramnios.html

Good luck with everything!

meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 12:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My 3rd child had a single artery cord, and had excessive amniotic fluid. He was transverse/breech until the week he was born because he just bobbed around, and he was a small baby (7 lbs at birth). I would have birthed him breech if he hadn't turned, breech is not a reason for intervention :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:32 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My doctor said "WOW, that's a lot of fluid!" when she broke my water, but there was no detection of this in either of the two ultrasounds I had and she never mentioned any possible complications even after saying that. And our DD now 2 1/2 months is perfect as can be :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 12:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• FYI- it rarely ever causes complications outside of a nuchal cord (around the neck)... which happens in approx 1/3 of ALL births- consequently, all 3 of my children had their cord wrapped around their neck at least once. No complications, all were term, healthy, unmedicated NCB.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Probably nothing, Momma.
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 12:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Thak you ladies fro all the great answers :) made me feel alot better
    lcardenas51989

Comment by lcardenas51989 (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• my sister had to much fluid but then the next week she had not enough fluid in my oppinion I think an actual dr would be more helpful in a situation like this cause you will be needing stress tests can your midwife perform these?
    Destins_Mommy

Answer by Destins_Mommy at 3:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i had alot of fluid with my son but really no problems from that.
    kolbysmama20

Answer by kolbysmama20 at 3:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I've never heard such a things so here's a bump
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 5:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Too much fluid can be a sign of a problem. Sounds like your doctor wants to make sure that there isn't a problem. The fluid is made from the pee from the baby and they also swallow it. Too much fluid could mean they aren't swallowing the fluid which could be due to a blockage.  It could also mean that they are peeing too much.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:55 AM on Mar. 30, 2011