Have any of yall had back pain from epidural?

been almost three months and where my epidural was is bothering me.. is this normal

datgurlmeggy

Asked by datgurlmeggy at 12:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have heard that it's normal but personally I never had any problems from it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:30 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I did, but I went to my chiropractor about a week later and had my back adjusted and it helped a lot. You might look into that.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• omgoodness, yes! prob. because i had to get the epi at least 5 times that i can remember, with my 2nd dd, it was HORRIBLE! with my first i had to get it done twice, and had no problems afterwards.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 12:33 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I had epidurals with my first 3 and never had a problem. I had back pain, but it was related to carrying around a baby, not the epi.

Answer by missanc at 12:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I never had any pain after. It may depend on where they placed it I guess. Call your OBGYN and ask to have it checked. GL.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I've had back pain since having epidural , my back was perfectly fine before it my son is gonna be 2 and I still have pain
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I have pain 18 months later. They did my epi 5 times, hitting a nerve every time. So I'm stuck with the pain for life. It sucks, sometimes it hurts to bad I can't walk. It got better over time but it still hurts.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 1:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i have a burning spot on my back where it was not all the time just every now and then but it bothers me bad my sn is 6 now
    christymoore90

Answer by christymoore90 at 2:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I've heard of it, I think it affects everyone differently. I have a friend who has shooting pain every now and then, but then I've never had a single issue getting it with 2 children ( I was a wimp lol)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 2:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• anyone know how to help the pain./
    datgurlmeggy

Comment by datgurlmeggy (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2011