Need advice on my dds yeast infection

My daughter just got diagnosed with a yeast infection, told me it was caused by her always having a diaper on & some antibiotic. I thought it was a diaper rash. But does anyone know if it would cause diarrhea and a fever? Please help shes only 18mths. Thanks in advance. & what can i do for diarrhea in a child that young?

mercy928

Asked by mercy928 at 12:42 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she's taking antibiotics it can cause diarrhea. And yes, yeast infections can cause fevers as well. There's nothing you can do about the diarrhea, just let it take its course. good luck
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• PP is right. Make sure she's drinking lots of fluids. Did the doc give you a cream for the yeast infection?
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 12:46 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Quickest way to kill the yeast is with Acidophilus (it is HARMLESS, even if she ate a whole bottle) it is one of the active cultures in yogurt, and it literally eats yeast. You can get it at any vitamin store/health food shop.

Make a paste out of 1/2 tsp and a few drops of tepid water, make sure she is completely dry, apply it and let her air dry. Use olive oil for moisture instead of a cream (olive oil/leaf is an anti microbial which retards the growth of yeast). Keep her DRY, and her diaper off as much as possible. She should also take the acidophilus internally 2x a day.
    You'll see improvements in hours.

My daughter and I are extremely prone to yeast, this is how we treat it so we don't have to use harsh chemicals. It works more quickly, effectively, and safely without side affects.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:52 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yes an anti-fungal cream thats working well.
    mercy928

Comment by mercy928 (original poster) at 12:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I completely agree with ObbyDobbie, a probiotic will do wonders. Also yeast feeds off of sugar so avoid sugary drinks and foods.
    jupiter84

Answer by jupiter84 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2011