Wedding

we been married a year almost. its been the happiest time of my life hes a great husband and father... i feel horrible saying this but i was unhappy with our wedding.. we had money saved up and at the last minute a oppurtunity to buy 3 houses on one lot came up.. so i was like lets postpone our wedding we love other thats all that matters.. well my dh wouldnt hear of it and we didnt want to pass up the houses either so we used our wedding money to put as down payment which left us with little to work with.. so then we got married in the living room of our new house.. the scene was pretty we decorated and got married in front of french doors in front of family and friends then and had a cook outside as the reception.. well what bothers me now is everyone around us is gettn married and having huge weddings and wants our sons for ring bearers and everything we couldnt afford.. and their making comments bout how little our wedding was... well i take it personal but my dh is like hey baby just ignore them and reminds me of our houses and that we can renew our vowels... this is long im sorry lol but should i be upset or just let it go like he says?? he says he loved our wedding that it what matters is were happy and married.. but its so irritating to me....

kimsmith22

Asked by kimsmith22 at 12:57 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• You invested in you long term future in buy the houses. You should not feel ashamed that everyone around you is spending tons of money on one day. You have a home and a husband who obviously loves you. You expressed love on your special day and everyday since then. She should be proud off your accomplishments. Ignore the people who are talking badly about your wedding. Lend them your kids if you want to but remember just because you spend tons on a wedding doesn't mean the marriage will be better. Congrats on making it through your first year. Hope you have 99 more wonderful ones.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• DH and I had a tiny wedding too because I needed a car at the time because mine was getting old and was very small and we were planning on starting a family. I am just looking forward to renewing our vows at 10 years and then we will have the whole big thing.
    mwengenroth

Answer by mwengenroth at 1:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Let it go! My husband and I didn't have a big wedding either b/c we used our wedding money as a down payment, but we have a super nice house and it will be paid off much sooner than all of our friends who used their money for weddings. In a few years, you will be in a much better position to renew your vows and have the large "wedding" you wanted - but it's just one day, your house you will have for a lifetime!

Answer by missanc at 1:01 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• There are always details about our weddings that we wish were different, so keep that in mind. If you are still feeling like you missed out, then start saving up for a 5 year reception and vow renewal, and really do that one up! Try to ignore everyone else's comments . . . people can be funny, and often do not really mean what they say . . .

Looking back at my wedding, which was pretty big . . . I actually now wish I had spent less money on it. The day went so quickly, and there were a TON of unneccesaries. My best frind just got married (just her and her hubby) in Greece. They had the best time and spent ooodles less money than I (and wound up getting a built in international honeymoon).

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I had a very small wedding. It was beautiful. I would not let what others say about your ceremony bother you. They'll be paying off their weddings for years to come while you have an investment in your future. Let it go!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 29, 2011