Whats your view on lesbian couples trying to have a baby?

Me and my partner have been together for a while and we have are domestic partnership papers, but we really want another child before my son gets to old. Its so hard to find a donor tho, because I asked my bff (who is also gay) lol and he said no well not really no but just that he would want to be thee dad. Thats not what we want. HELP???? I need advice...

ZARYUS_MOMMY

Asked by ZARYUS_MOMMY at 1:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Relationships

• Good luck to you both.

Have you considered anonymous donor sperm? That's the route I would take - it seems easier that way than to have it be someone I know personally.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I agree with Ginger, if you don't want the father involved, I'd go the anonymous sperm donor way too... As for my view on it, why would I begrudge you the joy of having children, just because of your sexual orientation? I have no problem with it at all, so good luck to you both!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• My daughter and her partner have been trying to conceive through sperm ban donors, it is costly, she recently did get pregnant only to have a miscarriage, it was devastating but she is back trying again!!!! There are many sperm banks out there, you just need to do your research and pick a good one, the cost for my daughter is like 250. a vile, she usually gets two, and uses it during her ovulation. They come in an dry ice container with instructions on how to do it, you should look into it because finding a willing donor is a pain in the neck! Good luck to you!!! There is not a baby more wanted than those who need help to conceive!

Answer by older at 1:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• *bank*

Answer by older at 1:10 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i would agree with ginger try that but its costly
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Sperm bank? Other friends? Good luck.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• GL! My neighbor and her partner adopted a boy and then the birth mom had another and they adopted him too. By the third kid, one of the partners bailed and told her ex-girlfriend she did not want that lifestyle anymore. It was so sad. But after they parted ways she has the three kids and even sends them to private catholic school. That takes courage....
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 1:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Find a "friend" to help you out.
    thecoffeefairy

Answer by thecoffeefairy at 1:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• good luck
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 3:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I agree that an anonymous donor would be best because you won't have to deal with a father wanting to participate.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2011