Help how can I get everything I need for our baby due this summer?

so I have 2 other kids I only had a shower withour first. They are almost 6 and 3. All I have for this baby is a bassinet, high chair and a infant carseat that is it. I sold everything we had for a baby thinking I was done. The thing is I don't have any family that will throw me one (I know my family) dh doesn't talk to anyone onside of the family. I have no friends to thorw me a shower and I would feel weird throwing my own shower with just my family. But the thing is I have to get all this stuff the baby needs and baby clothes. I have to get easter things together (I haven't bought for that yet and it is a week before my oldest birthday) then I have to get ready for my daughters 6 year old birthday. Plus I have to get my 2 kids a few summer things. Not a lot but some things like shirts, and summer pjs and shoes and a baithing suit for each and myself. How can I get all this stuff when I have so much other things to buy? Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Pregnancy

• yard sales and craigslist
    mwengenroth

Answer by mwengenroth at 1:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Ummm, you are the one that got pregnant, it is your child... your responsability to provide for this baby. Most people only get a shower for the first child... if they are lucky. If you are looking for stuff for the baby why not post on freecycle and Craigslist?? Check Craigslist for cheap stuff you need, check yard sales, thrift stores.....
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 1:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Post a wish list on the bulltetin board at the local church or library with a brief explanation. Money is Short, Baby is on the way, Are any of these items cluttering up your space--happy to come get them out of your way.. Now that you have two kids you know what your REALLY need and what you can live without, start buying a few things on sale when you see them and even without a shower you will probably get a little cash and a few gifts when the baby is born.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• all you really need are diapers and onsies. A summer baby doesn't need a lot of clothing. Go slowly. Check yard sales, thrift shops, craigslist, ebay.

I never had a shower. We got some gifts and learned to not go crazy with buying things for the kids. We slowly got what they needed but it was truly very little at first, once you have a place for baby to sleep.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I would say, try looking on ebay, walmart, target, babysrus grab coupons whenever possible sign up now for diaper coupons and different free products. Get things lil by lil get the essentials first. If u have freinds on here see if you can have them throw u a mini shower for you but with things they are not using anymore. I hope this helps and you will be fine if u start now. Good Luck to you.
    blackpanther75

Answer by blackpanther75 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Luckily, babies don't really need that much and the bassinet and carseat are a good start. A lot of people are doing spring cleaning and it's a good time to start checking out craigslist and yard sales for baby clothes,ect. You can even post things saying that you're asking for free baby clothes, some people might be desperate enough to give them away.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 1:26 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Yard sales are great! You can find good quaility stuff that other families just dont need anymore. I am six months pregnant and due in june with not a lot of money to spend, so i really have to think about what i really must have and things i can wait on. Keep your eyes out for good deals on baby stuff and really everything else that you use so you can save as much money as possible.
    my_bby_rowyn

Answer by my_bby_rowyn at 1:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Try Freecycle.
    If you dont mind my asking...what did you do the past 9 months you were pregnant ? Why are you suddenly rushing to get things now when you could have gotten them over the past 9 months... :(
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 1:29 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• actually I am not 9 months pregnant I am only 21 weeks pregnant today and I am trying to get things now because I don't want to wait the last minute to do it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• like a few of these people have said try the free spot on crigslist and start buying one thing at a time it will really add up i hope everything works out for u and u get everything u need
    christymoore90

Answer by christymoore90 at 1:48 PM on Mar. 29, 2011