Do I have valid concerns?

My daughter has her 3 year checkup next week. I think I want to ask her dr about screening her for leukemia. What I am concerned with: She has less of an appetite than she used to, she is pale (but I guess has always been this way), her eyes always look tired, even when she is well-rested, I would say she gets sick fairly often, she often says her tummy hurts, and she gets joint pain (which could be growing pains bc she is really tall for her age). .... So, do you think I am being a hypochondriac or do I have good reason for wanting to voice my concerns to her dr? .... I hate being such a hypo. (She also has a fever today and other than being tired shows no other signs of being "sick".)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Health

• I'd ask, I'd always do no matter how pity it seems to anyone else. You never want to hear "well if you would've asked a year ago things would be different." Just ask! And my goodness I hope you're just over reacting :) GL
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• its always good to ask alot of questions on doctor's visits, otherwise they just dismiss it and you will never know.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I really hope you are overracting, but don't let that stop you from asking. Your child's health is a major concern and you don't want to find out too late that you could have done something for her if you knew soon enough. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:47 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I sure hope I am, too! And thank you!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2011