Work or raise babies??? Which would you choose?

I have worked for over a decade and just had my last little one. I don't want to miss anymore. My husband makes enough $, but I really like our lifestyle with the extra $$. I hate my job, but it pays so well. What would you do? Work to live the lifestyle you want or take a break, enjoy your children and then go back to work later in life (but never find a company with this great of benefits)?

Jeannie721

Asked by Jeannie721 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Money & Work

• I would raise babies, work will always be there babies grow up way too fast.

Answer by older at 1:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• if I had the choice, I'd be home but I can't so I am working while someone else watches those moments I have to miss.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Raise babies. You'll find that you can live on less, but you never get those years back. I wish I could go back and relive those times. I would have stayed home.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I would work because I stayed home and now I have no retirement.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I chose to raise my children....but I didnt have a job that paid really well (I was a dispatcher at Yellowcab lol) so maybe if I had been making alot of money it would have been a different story....we realized that my paycheck would barely cover the cost of gas to get me to work and daycare so it just made more sense for me to stay home. GL mama....it's a hard decision.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I would do both, the extra income is important with this economy
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Raise babies. You can never get that time back! For me money was never worth more then time with my kids.

Answer by gemgem at 1:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I would raise babies until school age then go to work. That is my plan. =)
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 1:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I kind of know what you mean, I'm in the same boat and going to school. I always say hey I didnt go to school to do nothing, but then I remember being a mommy is NOT nothing, it's the best job in the world. My mom stayed home with me and 1 of my sisters, and worked while raising my youngest 2 sisters and I can really see the difference. It's a hard call, some people need to work, if that makes sense. No matter what you chose don't let ANYONE try and tell you you made the wrong choice or you're a bad mom. Until there in your shoes, just hush. GL
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I'm a full time at home mom. But if I had my choice I would be working. I loved working and it made me feel good about who I am. Being home is very hard for me, I find myself to be depressed and angry much more than I want to be. Once my daughter is old enough to start school, I will be running back to full time work!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2011