Protecting my Peas

DS wants to grow some vegetables from seed but we are on the border between city and country and our yard is flooded with small creatures. Of the 100 bulbs I planted it looks like I will be lucky to get a dozen plants.

Could you please share your methods of keeping the animals from eating your crop (preferably cruelty/poison free)

hotelmom123

Asked by hotelmom123 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in Home & Garden

• A fence, chickenwire works well. Use human hair clippings to form a border barrier outside/around your garden plot (go to the barbers shop, they'll be glad to let you have some). That is the best deterrent I have ever found. Also, you can use sensors which make a high pitched sound- they HATE it. Sounds weird, but use human urine to mark a border barrier around the garden, again, human scent is a great deterrent.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• LOL, now I know where to dump the potty seat
    hotelmom123

Comment by hotelmom123 (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I know it sounds funny, but it truly does work ;)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:08 PM on Mar. 29, 2011