How to get a eight year old girl to do something with out asking her to everyday.

My daughter is eight and I feel like I say the same damn thing over and over and over.(you get the point) I have even made her a chore chart but if it is not on the chart.Like put your shoes in your room when you take them off. She will not do it even though it is a every day fight and she should have gotten the hint by now. I have tried grounding, going to bed early, no tv, no games, and it dosn't matter I am still having the same fight everyday. Help !!!!

Beckcin108

Asked by Beckcin108 at 1:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'm watching for these answers, hope we both find one. Good Luck to us.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Write a list of chores...and then tell her this is what your reward will be every friday (or pick a day) if i dont have to keep repeating myself.
    BalooSkii

Answer by BalooSkii at 1:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I find allowances work wonders. If mine do things they know better than to do I dock them.

Answer by gemgem at 1:22 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I have a chore chart and Friday is the day she get's her allowance if she has done all of her chores and hasn't gotten in trouble in school
    Beckcin108

Comment by Beckcin108 (original poster) at 1:25 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• I'm probably not much help, I'm going through the same thing wit my 13 yr old step daughter. When we got her at 9 she wasn't wiping after going to the bathroom or brushing her teeth( no hygene taught by her mother, it ws awful) to get her to do this everyday without telling her, i put all over her bathroom like wall paper- Wipe your butt and Brush your teeth. Every time she did it she was able to take one down. After 2 weeks of this she finally did it without being told. It might help with the shoe thing at least.
    shortstuff335

Answer by shortstuff335 at 1:28 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Add to it then! Tell her theres a change, now it isnt JUST the chore list, but basic things you know she knows better than. Thats what I would do. I would dock 50 cents every time she left her shoes somewhere, and things like that. I bet ya she started remembering.

Answer by gemgem at 1:36 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Everytime she leaves her shoes in the living room, I would put them away - but not in her room. Put them up and when she can't find them, she has to do an additional chore to get them back.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:39 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• im going thru the saeme crap lol. when u figure it out let me know
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• i tried allowances and so far my 8 year old is docked :( my ten year old however is a different story she does it without asking
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 3:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2011

• Well at least i feel better knowing that it just isn't my child. Thank you
    Beckcin108

Comment by Beckcin108 (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Mar. 29, 2011